As part of the November 30 MURA Holiday social, there will be a gift basket raffle to raise funds for the Kitty Dickerson MURA Scholarship Fund. The fund was created to honor the past president of MURA and awards scholarships to MU/UM students whose parents are MU/UM staff employees. Since its inception in 2016, $15,000 in scholarships have been awarded.
All those who donate to the Kitty Dickerson MURA Scholarship fund prior to November 30 will be eligible to win gift baskets at the holiday social. The themed baskets contain fun and useful items donated by MURA Board members and Past-Presidents—Mizzou, Happy Hour, Cozy Fun, Sweet Treats, Sports, and more. The grand prize will be a basket of Mizzou goodies, donated by the Missouri Book Store.
Luncheon Options ($25 per person):
- Caprese Chicken – Italian marinated chicken breast with tomatoes, fresh basil, Mozzarella cheese with a Balsamic reduction paired with garlic red mashers and lemon butter broccoli.
- Baked Atlantic Salmon–Wild-caught Salmon topped with dill cream sauce and served with red mashers and grilled vegetable medley.
- Vegetarian Lasagna– Featuring whole grain noodles layered with sea salt, broccoli, shoestring carrots and cheesy blend of ricotta, mozzarella, Romano, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Paired with steamed lemon butter broccoli and a garlic bread stick.
Dessert Options (included in registration):
- Chocolate Cake or Carrot Cake
Here’s how you can join the fun:
Attend the November 30 MURA Holiday Social – You’ll be able to view the baskets and make an on-site donation to the scholarship fund. With your donation, you’ll receive raffle tickets for the gift baskets. Drawings for the baskets will be held at the end of the Social.
Can’t attend the November 30 Social? — Make a donation of at least $20 via check or online contribution at the Kitty Dickerson MURA Scholarship Fund. Then, send an email note to Jo Turner or Ted Tarkow with the subject line, “I made a donation to Kitty Dickerson MURA Scholarship fund!” We will put your name on 30 raffle tickets and put them into the drawings for the gift baskets. If you win a basket, we’ll notify you and arrange an opportunity for pick-up of your basket. Each registrant will receive two tickets. You can earn an extra raffle ticket if you join in the sing along. You can also buy extra tickets at the social.
Raffle Ticket pricing will be on signs at Registration and Basket Display:
- $1 – $4 – Up to 4 tickets
- $5 – $9 – 6 tickets
- $10 to $19 – 13 tickets
- $20 – $29 – 30 tickets
- $30 – $39 – 45 tickets
- $40 – $49 – 65 tickets
- $50 and up – 75 tickets
When you get your tickets, just drop one of the halves into the bucket in front of the basket(s) of your choice. Bring cash or a check. Checks are to be made payable to “University of Missouri” with Attn: MURA Kitty Dickerson Scholarship. This will allow us to deposit them directly into the Kitty Dickerson Scholarship endowment with MU Advancement.
Questions? Contact Jo Turner or Ted Tarkow:
Jo’s email: TURNERLJ@MISSOURI.EDU
Ted’s email: TARKOWT@MISSOURI.EDU