Membership Application for membership in Missouri University Retirees Association
Dear Prospective Member:
For more than 30 years, the Missouri University Retirees Association (MURA) has represented, promoted, and protected the interests of the UM and MU retirees and to promote the welfare of the University of Missouri. This page will answer some important questions about MURA. We hope you’ll decide to become a member!
What does MURA do?
Advocates for retirees and the University of Missouri:
- Working with University decision-makers
- Serving on Total Rewards Advisory Committee
- Monitoring and promoting UM interests with elected and appointed leaders
Provides education and service opportunities:
- Offering an educational Breakfast Series and social activities
- Recognizing retiree accomplishments
- Funding and awarding scholarships to deserving students
Supports and informs members:
- Helping members find information and solve problems through Ombuds
- Communicating through bi-weekly email updates and quarterly newsletters
- Raising awareness through MURA Website and Facebook
Learn more about what MURA offers: Welcome to MURA!
How is MURA organized?
MURA is a 501(c)(4) organization that is led by an elected Board of Directors. In addition, MURA members are appointed to serve on Board committees and in liaison roles with key groups such as the Faculty Council, Staff Advisory Council, Total Rewards Advisory Committee, and many others. A directory of the current Board members and their roles can be found at: https://mura-missouri.com/about/board/. You can find MURA’s Constitution and Bylaws at: https://mura-missouri.com/about/constitution/.
Who can join MURA?
Membership in MURA is open to all University of Missouri staff and faculty who are 55 years old or older. We welcome retirees, pre-retirees, spouses/partners, and persons holding a variety of UM appointments including Extension, MU Healthcare, UM System and USDA personnel. Associate (non-voting) membership is also available to persons who have retired from another college or university.
What does it cost to join MURA?
Membership is very affordable, with $12.50 for an annual membership and $100 for a life membership.
How do I join MURA?
MURA membership information is here: https://mura-missouri.com/membership/join-mura/
MURA needs you so we can continue to be a vital voice for retirees. We believe you, too, need MURA. We hope you will join us!
573-999-3888 or 573-446-9656