Volunteer registration for residence hall move-in at the University of Missouri,
August will be here before we know it, so it’s time to think about Move-In Day and welcoming another new class of Tigers to campus. Last year, a streamlined process debuted to give incoming freshmen a smooth, welcoming experience for their first day as campus residents. Thanks to more than 900 faculty, staff and community members, Move-In Day was a huge success. We want to repeat that success this year, so we’re looking for folks to help out.
Move-In Days are Aug. 10 and 14, and we are seeking volunteers to help guide traffic, move student belongings into their rooms and make sure all our guests stay safe.
We can’t do this without you. Please consider volunteering and help us spread the word to others who can help.
This is a great opportunity for MURA members to join together with faculty and staff to make a great first impression and welcome our new students and their families to Mizzou. We are also hoping for high involvement from our student organizations.
If you have any questions, email email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration.
Gary L. Ward
Interim Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs
and Vice Chancellor for Operations
Volunteers who complete their registration by July 19 will be guaranteed a shirt to wear during move-in.
- Individual Registration – Volunteers registering independent from any group or team should register as an individual. Individuals will not be paired with other volunteers unless otherwise requested.
- Register as a Team Leader – Each team should designate a volunteer to serve as “Team Leader”. The Team Leader will receive updates regarding their team’s volunteer duties and will be responsible for serving as a liaison between move-in coordinators and their team members. Team Leaders will also be responsible for attending training.
- Register as a part of a team – Unless otherwise instructed by the designated Team Leader, all team members must individually complete and submit the volunteer registration form. Individuals who fail to successfully complete team registration are not guaranteed volunteer assignments with the remainder of the team.
The University of Missouri will host an in-person volunteer training for Team Leaders and individual volunteers the week of August 5.
One representative from each team should be present at one of the in-person volunteer training sessions. Individuals volunteering may opt to participate in the video training that will be e-mailed to all participants in August.
- July 19 – register by this date to be guaranteed a shirt
- Week of July 29 – Volunteer assignments e-mailed to registered participants
- Week of August 5* – Team Leader/ Individual Volunteer Training
- August 10 (Saturday) – Move In Day
- August 14 (Wednesday) – Move in Day