Every year, MU retirees in mid-Missouri generously give their time and money to support our community. Our partner, Heart of Missouri United Way, seeks to empower children, families, individuals and seniors experiencing times of need by investing in 31 local agencies that focus on health, education, financial stability and basic needs.
A $50 donation to Heart of Missouri United Way can provide the following:
- 1 day at the shelter for a homeless individual with access to a shower, hygiene products, laundry, mail, and other basic need items
- 1 hour of out of school programing for children to promote academic success, good character, healthy lifestyles and mental health
- 1 hour of case management for youth with disabilities that need access to service instruction and counseling
- 1 hour of job readiness training for an underemployed individual to gain the necessary skills to succeed
- 1 hour of health education classes for minority men living below 200% of the Federal Poverty Line including topics of diabetes, stress management, and substance use
- Supplemental food in a Buddy Pack for children who experience food insecurity AND
- 1 provision of instant baby formula
Less than $1 a week changes lives throughout mid-Missouri. No gift is too small to make an impact. You also have the ability to designate your gift to one or more of the funded agencies, if you so choose.