Volunteer Role Description: Gift Shop Assistant (Revised 2-3-18)
Name of volunteer program: Volunteer Services Gift Shop Assistant
Time required/duration of appointment: Four hours each week
- Womens and Childrens Hospital/Gift Shop [Open 8:00 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday]
- Ellis Fischel Cancer Center/Boutique [Open 8:30 am-4:00 pm Monday-Friday]
- University Hospital/Medtique [Open 8:30 am-5:30 pm Monday-Friday and also Saturday 12:30-4:30pm]
General purpose: Bring a smile and excellent customer to a patient, visitor, or staff member as they shop or spend time in the Gift Shop setting. Basic cashier duties framed in a friendly and compassionate setting. NOTE: All proceeds from hospital gift shops support patient programs and capitol purchases.
- Greet customers
- Assist customers with gift selection, including flowers, balloon bouquets, etc.
- Perform typical cashiering duties such as restocking, straightening and ringing up sales
- Vetted and accepted as MU Health Care Volunteer
- Completion of role-specific training, provided by MU Health Care
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- To commit four hours of time to the volunteer role each week
Benefits: For every four hour of service, volunteers are provided with a “Helping Hands” coupon, redeemable at on-site health care dining establishments or gift shops. In addition, volunteers are provided with a shirt. Other benefits include gift shop discounts, recognition at the annual recognition breakfast, free annual TB screening and flu shots.
Name and Title of Volunteer Supervisor: Edlyn Donovan, Supervisor, Gift Shops
Contact information after vetting and placement: 573-884-7676 or firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Contact MU Healthcare Volunteer Services at 573-882-4714 or email email@example.com