Name of volunteer program: Volunteer Services Department: Communications & Marketing
Time required/duration of appointment: Four hours each week
Location Building/Unit/Program: University Hospital (Primary), Women’s and Children’s Hospital and MOI
General purpose: Assist the Manager of the Gift Shops, Volunteer Services and Spiritual Care Departments raise a positive and consistent image of MU Health Care System programs and services.
- Compile volunteer newsletters
- Work with MUHC Communications and Marketing to edit and update dept. website content
- Prepare communications for release to local press and radio media
- Develop and distribute leaflets to MUHC departments; manage stock levels in MUHC facilities
- Design promotional materials for volunteer recruitment, Gift Shop promotions & Spiritual Care services
- Promote the achievements and activities of department staff and volunteers
- Vetted and accepted as MU Health Care Volunteer
- Completion of role-specific training, provided by MU Health Care
- An interest in and/or experience of marketing and communications, and in helping
MUHC Volunteer Services, Gift Shops and Spiritual Care departments promote activities
- Ensure that communications reach a diverse audience and a wide range of local stakeholders.
- Computer literate and proficient in Office, PowerPoint, Word and other communication applications
- Able to communicate effectively, with strong written and verbal skills
- The ability to work equally well in a team and unsupervised
- To commit four hours of time to the volunteer role each week
Benefits: For every four hour of service, volunteers are provided with a “Helping Hands” coupon, redeemable at on-site health care dining establishments or gift shops. In addition, volunteers are provided with a shirt. Other benefits include gift shop discounts, recognition at the annual recognition breakfast, free annual TB screening and flu shots.
Name and Title of Volunteer Supervisor: Tammy Gillespie, Mgr., Volunteer Services, Gift Shops & Spiritual Care
Contact information (Phone or Email): 573-882-4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact MU Healthcare Volunteer Services at 573-882-4714 or email email@example.com