Name of volunteer program: Book Cart
Time required/duration of appointment: Minimum of four hours each week
Location Building/Unit/Program: University Hospital
General purpose: Assist Volunteer Services staff improve the patient and family/visitor experience by providing access to a variety of free reading materials.
- Accept, catalog and organize donated and purchased reading materials (e.g., books, magazines)
- Take reading materials to different parts of the hospital
- Offer free reading materials to patients in rooms per hospital protocol (i.e., knock, use hand sanitizer, introduce self, place item, use hand sanitizer upon departure, etc.)
- Work with Volunteer Services staff to buy new reading materials, set time limits for magazines
- Keep assigned area tidy
- Must be 18 years old
- Able to catalog, organize and distribute reading materials
- Vetted and accepted as MU Health Care Volunteer
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Must maintain excellent customer service: smiling, making eye contact and active listening
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and in a positive manner
- Able to distribute reading material throughout hospital with provided supplies (e.g., book cart)
Benefits: Volunteers are provided with a volunteer shirt, gift shop discounts, recognition at the annual recognition breakfast, free annual TB screening and flu shots. Community volunteers receive “Helping Hands” coupons that are redeemable at on-site health care dining establishments or gift shops.
Name and Title of Volunteer Supervisor: Christina Oliver, Volunteer Services Business Support Spec.
Contact information after vetting and placement: 573-882-4714 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact MU Healthcare Volunteer Services at 573-882-4714 or email email@example.com